Sunday, March 31, 2013

Onto the Next Vote!

GREAT news!  Not really breaking news because I was on Spring Break with my Little Overachievers when it happened, but great news nonetheless!!


HB0866 was passed by the TN House Education Committee last week with a great deal of support.   The Senate version of the bill, SB1146, was also passed by the Education Committee.  I have not heard when the bills will be voted upon by the full House and Senate, but I will be sure to share the date when I have it!


Many thanks to those who spread the word about this bill, and those provided direct support through letters and phone calls to committee members!  I would like to give a special thanks to those who were able to represent our community at Legislative Plaza.  I so wish that I could have been there with you!

  • Jill Connell, Memphis  
  • Alyssa Tucker, Memphis
  • Becky Basalone, Knoxville
  • Jenine Ward, Murfreesboro
  • Connor Ward, Murfreesboro
  • Amanda Hargett, Murfreesboro

UPDATE: The bill that would allow TN schools to stock epinephrine autoinjectors for all students perceived to be in experiencing anaphylaxis was passed by the House and Senate of the TN General Assembly on 4/15/13.  Many thanks to all who lent their support to this process!!



LAST UPDATE:
There is a bill signing ceremony for this legislation on 6/4/13.  See this post for more info!  

1 comment:

  1. There is a bill signing ceremony for this legislation on 6/4/13. See this post for more info!
    http://overachievingbunch.blogspot.com/2013/05/bill-signing-ceremony-epi-in-tn-schools.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what your thoughts! Please consider including your name or a nickname. Thanks a bunch for the visit!